I’ll be the first to admit that I have no desire to have a podcast – like ever! I am so passionate about writing, it’s like blogging and I were meant to be. (If that’s you too, you might want to try this article instead.) BUT, everyone has different strengths and some of you out there, bless you, were given the gift of gab and connection through speaking. I’m looking at your extroverts!
So, if you’ve got a podcast, and a decent following but are looking to level up your game this year, it’s time to start thinking outside the box… Because getting your podcast out there to more listening ears is tricky! You need something that can help you stand out from the crowd of 850,000 other podcasts out there.
Quick question: Are you sending your followers to a super long and boring landing page that’s jammed full of unformatted show notes?
Or are you making their jaws drop with a gorgeous design that jumps of the page and has them clicking subscribe faster than you can say YAASSS, QUEEN!
Here’s the deal… you are putting your heart and soul into your podcast and it’s great! You wouldn’t have subscribers if it wasn’t, but you don’t want it to be just great, you want it to be amazing, right?
Want to know what these ladies all have in common besides being super smart in business, personable and offering crazy value to their audience on repeat?
>>> They’ve got a beautiful branded landing page for their podcast!
They give their podcast page the same time and attention in design, just like they do for all of their other business offerings. It oozes their personality and is a seamless extension of everything else they’ve created for their brand with a beautiful design.
That’s right. The timeless concept of “judging a book by it’s cover” still applies in 2021, because it’s psychology. Research show that humans are attracted to good design and “beauty”. And it’s not just about creating attraction, good design actually makes businesses better. If you don’t believe me, check this out here or this or this or this.
With that in mind, it’s such a shame that something I see missing for so many of them is a beautiful brand-driven podcast landing page that really shows off their personality. Most women I am seeing these days are either doing one of these two things instead:
- Linking straight to their podcast hosting platform like Libsyn, Podbean, Buzzsprout etc.
- Linking straight to a subscription platform like Spotfify, iTunes, Stitcher etc.
In both of these instances, you don’t get to control the design or the narrative of what people are seeing once they click to that page. There’s usually a search bar, a whole lotta text and sometimes even ads for other podcasts that can distract your visitors from focusing on the real star of the show… that’s you 😉
And I think we can agree, those standard platform-based landing pages are NOT CUTE, not even a little bit.
So how can you make a killer branded podcast landing page? Besides a gorgeous design, there are some key ingredients that make the perfect podcast page really pack a punch.
- Featured Episodes – Callout your favorite episodes in a special section so you can point people to your best work.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Subscribe Buttons – Make it easy for your visitors to subscribe to your podcast on their favorite platform by providing them multiple options or use a smart app like Chartable that does the work for you.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Social Links – Connecting with your audience on multiple platforms builds a stronger connection with your brand so make sure you to add at least 1 or two links to the social platform where you show up most⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- A way to capture email addresses – Podcast subscribers are great but when you can show up in your fan’s inbox and talk directly to them, it’s even better. That’s why you need an opt-in or sign-up form to grab that email address.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- About You / Your Podcast – More than ever people are looking for connection and a well-written about section on your site or even a short video is a great way to tell your story.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
*BONUS POINTS* if you have show notes on your podcast website which means you get all the SEO benefits and not your podcast hosting platform!⠀
That’s right. If you’re hosting your show notes on another platform, you’re missing out on all that free organic traffic.
So, are you ready to create that beautiful podcast website to start growing your subscribers and making more impact? Lucky for you I created a Showit template you can purchase today that will make creating your podcast website a breeze. I’ve done all the leg work for you so all you have to do is add your colors, and content and you are good to go.
Introducing Becca – a podcast website template perfect for badass babes who are scaling their empires with ALL the things featuring a 1-1 Services Sales page, Podcast page, Freebie section and Product Shop design.
If you’ve been looking for a website template with the perfect mix of features to showcase everything you’ve got going on, including your podcast, this was made for you!
If DIY is not your style, I’d be happy to chat about creating a custom podcast website just for you. Here are a couple of examples of clients I recently had the privilege of designing for:
Could your podcast page use a little TLC? Shoot me a message and let’s talk!
I help female entrepreneurs and business owners create brands that command the spotlight. I love working with women to help them create beautiful, one-of-a-kind brands that give them the confidence to take their business to the next level and get them seriously noticed. I’ve worked with coaches, authors, influencers… you name it, and I bet I can help you too.